Content is important. But like it or not, the accuracy of your document affects the way others judge and interpret your printed material… and your valuable message.
Most people devote only a few minutes to proofreading and a quick and cursory reading can overlook numerous errors.
It’s often smart to have someone else, a “fresh set of eyes”, review and proofread your material.
Our Proofreading Service will check for accuracy in:
- Spacing inconsistencies
- Miscellaneous typographical errors
Important note: The use of this service can prevent typographical errors and may save you from a possible reprint. It isn’t, however, a guarantee to catch every mistake. Unfortunately we cannot assume responsibility if, after using the service, any errors are overlooked on our behalf.
It is strongly suggested to perform a thorough proofreading before submitting your document.
If you choose to perform your own proofreading, try to keep these points in mind.
- Don’t rely entirely on spelling checkers. These can be useful tools but they are far from foolproof.
- Grammar checkers can be even more problematic. These programs work with a limited number of rules, so they can’t identify every error and often make mistakes.
- Read slow, and read every word. Try reading aloud, concentrating on how the words sound together.
- Circle every punctuation mark. This forces you to review the accuracy of each mark.